Darrell Evans, Investor/Mentor/Entrepreneur/CEO/Co-Founder
“I don’t have to worry about selling because I’m not interested in selling. I’m interested in helping,” explains Darrell Evans, Investor, Mentor, Entrepreneur, CEO, and Co-Founder. With a tremendous background in digital marketing, Darrell understands how to self-promote without being too grandiose. Instead of hiding behind fake confidence and narcissism, Darrell encourages the listeners to focus less on selling themselves and more on producing good work.
The secret to Darrell’s success has always been to focus on “human to human” interaction. As an entrepreneur, he chooses to center more on the needs of his clients to ensure that they are a fit, rather than worrying about sales. By reminding himself that there’s always another human being at the other end of the phone, Darrell can remain humble while still driving revenue and seeing results. In a time where narcissism is often the default, truly believing in yourself and being good at what you do is the key to lasting growth.
Tune into this week’s episode of A Little Impolite Podcast for an honest conversation on balancing success with humility. Learn more about Darrell’s business perspective, the difference between “acting as if” and “fake it until you make it,” and how authenticity is the best way to gain repeat business.
- “I am a big believer in “act as if” versus “fake it until you make it.” It’s an underlying theme that has more to do with internally believing in yourself and having confidence.” (11:33 – 11:50) [Darrell]
- “For me, “positively impact lives” is one of my core values. And I just approached that in how I’ve done marketing, sales, business, and team building.” (21:20 – 21:28) [Darrell]
- “I like metrics. Yes, I like analytics. And I do that. Yeah, I know all the numbers. And yes, at the end of the day, when I’m getting paid, and when we’re getting paid to drive revenue, that stuff matters. But we also are super human, and trying to say that we’re still talking to a human being on the other side of whatever it is, we’re doing product sells, product marketing, service, sales, all of that. It’s all just human to human.” (22:00 – 22:25) [Darrell]
- “I don’t have to worry about selling because I’m not interested in selling. I’m interested in helping.” (25:31 – 25:36) [Darrell]
- “We need to believe that we are the best in the business at what we do, whether face-to-face with your client, in sales interactions, or on social media. What I think has to be there though, is internal confidence and belief.” (34:29 – 34:53) [Darrell]
- “The proof is in the pudding. You don’t have to be staring at yourself in your reflection all day long. Consumers can see through your bullshit. So I think it’s all about the delivery in the context in which you show up.” (49:47 – 50:05) [Darrell]
Connect with Darrell Evans: https://www.instagram.com/mrdarrellevans/
Darrel Evans Podcast :https://www.instagram.com/themindshiftpodcast/
Connect with A Little Impolite:
Connect with A Little Impolite:
And here is our free download. Our gift to you from Deevo and Lisa for “All of the Tools You Need for a Healthy Relationship with Social Media