Who Are Lisa & Deevo:
Lisa and Deevo are visual storytellers, serial entrepreneurs, photographers, videographers, social-media-experts, the owners of Sprout Connectors, the hosts of the MBB Podcast, and philosophical thought leaders.
Their goals are to help you help the world by uncovering your superpowers to be unleashed upon the planet. They believe each and every human being has the potential to be a world-changer, it’s only a matter of fulfilling their potential.
What Is The Purpose of Fear?
Fear is a great thing, it keeps us clear of Grizzly bears, jumping off of high ledges, injecting ourselves with mysterious substances, and from totally annihilating ourselves in one way or another. Without some degree of fear, a human’s average life expectancy would certainly be significantly lower than what we see today.
Notice this, though: every one of the rational fears mentioned formerly was related to something primal; the fear to keep ourselves from the clutches of a bear’s jaws – primal. The fear of jumping off a 150 ft. cliff – primal. The fear of becoming diseased from mysterious substances – primal. Our fear stems from the evolutionary process creating mechanisms to protect us from such occurrences.
These mechanisms are great for those reasons, but where does it end? Due to not having to really worry about being attacked by a bear in today’s day and age, our fear has simply transcended into a new parameter. Previously, we wouldn’t have been so afraid of confronting Jerry about his dog’s poop on your lawn because we had just finished surviving an encounter with a massive 1000 pound killing machine; Jerry really isn’t that scary comparatively speaking.
You see, our fears are relative. Instead of being afraid of grizzly bears, we now fear speaking with new people. Instead of being afraid of a nutritionless-winter, we fear talking to a new girl or boy. Realize the irrationality of your and take a pragmatic approach in thoroughly deconstructing them. The best way to transcend said fears? By stepping into them.
- We Illude Ourselves: 5:26
- If They Did It, Why Can’t You?: 6:40
- Hard Work Can Allow You to Surpass Others’ Talent: 8:30
- Don’t Just “Ride The Wave”: 9:10
- What Catalyzed Lisa’s Change: 11:37
- Momentum Compounds After The First Step: 13:37
- Everything is a Learned Habit: 15:40
- It’s Possible for Everyone: 16:35
- Everything You Desire is on the Other Side of Fear: 19:00
- How do We Address Fear?: 20:50
- You Can Always Make Time: 25:00
- Get An Accountability Partner: 26:20
- What Even Is “Risky”?: 28:10
- Start Finding Your Own Way: 29:17